Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Dear Tigist, how I miss you.

I have written about Tigist before... She cooks, cleans, does our laundry, makes our bed, and let's me love her baby. She is pretty much amazing. Well for some reason she got transferred from the guest house to the school. Yesterday was our first day with our new housekeeper. She seemed very nice, but did not have a baby for me to love. -1 point. When we went to eat lunch it was weirredd. Deanna and I are not very picky. We typically eat what we are served, and eat it happily. So, we ate the food. Poor Deanna got so sick. She had to take some pepto, and take a nap, and even still, she was not feeling 100%. Amare even asked her if she had diarrhea. HA! Ummmm weird question to ask someone! She of course said no, she would not have told him, even if she did! Anyway... When dinner came around, I tried a tiny bite of it, and it was oatmeal with salt in it. Gross. So we went out for dinner. D got pasta, to help her tummy, and I got a sandwich. The other volunteers went out too, and the food at home was untouched. I think the workers got the message... Today we have a new "cooker"! We get to sample the first meal at lunch (in 40 mins) and hopefully it is good! Apparently she has a degree in cooking, and even can cook faranje food! Exciting.

On the minibus on the way here to kings hotel, Deanna and I were sitting next to each other, and I pointed out a white man walking down the street. We are not used to seeing them, especially in our community. Well, he stopped the bus, and the only open seat was next to us! 3 faranjes all in a row... It was crazy!

We bought a hair straightener. I almost feel like I look like I am in America! It is amazing. The kids touch my hair even more now. Deanna and I have been checking each other for lice daily. Not because we think we have lice, but the kids are all up in our hair, and you never know... So far our findings have been very satisfactory!

No matter where we go, we see people we know. Just walking from the minibus stop to here, we saw a friend from church, Tiba. Very exciting. Also exciting when you leave your house, and any child that is outside will yell "Deanna! Kendra!" we are popular with the mini peeps. We love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment