Saturday, February 18, 2012

I did NOT come here looking for love.

Warning: this is going to be my venting blog.

First, let me get some random stories out of the way.

1. Deanna and I have rearranged out bedroom. We came home today, and thought that it would be a good idea. We were correct. Our beds were on opposiste sides of the room, now, they are very close! Because we do not spend enough time together... we need to sleep very close to each other as well. Amare came home after we had finished, and all he could saw was "wow. I am so proud". It is amazing. Not so amazing: the amount of nastiness we swept up from under the beds. ewww.

2. While leaving a store earlier today, Deanna was talking about how much money we could spend. Deanna said 2000 birr. At the same moment, I realized it was cold outside (cold for Africa at least. I said BIRRRR. So the convo went like this.

"2000 birr."

"BIRRRRRR"

We looked at each other and laughed! We are some funny peeps.

Ok, now for the real reason I am writing this. I think the men of Africa think that I came here to find a husband. That actually is not the case. Far from it, in fact. As most of you reading may know, a few months before I left for Africa, I had my heart broken. It was not fun. And I had a pretty rough time getting over it. I am probably not totally over it. But thats ok. It's life, ya know? So, coming to Africa at this time was basically a Godsend. My biggest prayer while I was here was to help heal my heart, and get over Dumb-ex-boyfriend. (He is not really dumb, but this is my blog, and I can call him names if I want).

I had (and have) no intention of falling in love. If it happens, well then I will cross that bridge when I come to it. But I am not out activally seeking anything.

So, certain men who I have to see on a daily/weekly basis, why do you seem to think otherwise? It's because I'm white, isn't it?

The proposals on the street do not effect me as much. Although I have taken to wearing a ring on my ring-finger, and it has helped immensly to ward off the white-wife hungary strangers of Ethiopia.

It's the people who I know that bother me. And today seems to be worse than normal. Maybe I am being crabby, or maybe I am getting tired of being hit on ALL. THE. TIME. It's exhausting, being the center of attention. Normally, I would not mind. You see, parties in my honor are my favorite. Maybe thats why I move around so much... so I can have parties ;) Not really. But my point is, I like attention. But I guess it has to be a certain kind of attention.

I should also point out that I am a normal girl. I like to be flirrted with. Totes flattering. But when the intrest is not reciprocated, give it up. Seriously guys. enough is enough.

Phew. Sorry. But I actually do feel better. And I am being summoned out of my room :( I guess I should go let them try to win me over. It apparently is not going to stop anytime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment